Covid 19 Update
A Message From Paspa Physical Therapy
As the concerns about the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) intensify, we thought it would be
helpful to share what Paspa Physical Therapy is or has been doing to make your therapy appointment as
safe as possible.
The first step we took was to educate our workforce using validated resources such as the Centers for
Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), Occupational Safety & Health
Administration (OSHA) and the US Department of Health.
The second step we took was to evaluate our ability to continue to provide services without increasing
exposure risks to you, to our visitors and staff. As part of that process we made a list of questions that we
will ask to ascertain the exposure risk. These are the questions:
- Have you traveled to China, South Korea, Iran, Italy or Japan or any other country with high COVID-19 incidents within the past 30 days?
- Have you had any contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19, with any person(s) under investigation for COVID-19 or anyone with flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath and/or a diminished sense of taste or smell)? The exposure could be to spouses, partners, family members, friends, work colleagues, social group members, fellow students, church members or any other person(s) or groups where there could have personal contact (within 6 feet).
- Have you had any worrisome symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath or a diminished sense of taste or smell in the past 14 days? If positive for symptoms we are asking that you, the patient, contact your physician for guidance and written permission to attend therapy. If a written permission note is not possible, we will ask you, the patient, to attest to your symptomology or lack of it. We are also asking all patients to call the clinic prior to arriving if they have any flu/virus-like symptoms.
The third step we took was to intensify our housekeeping & infection control procedures to assure that we have minimized contact with anything or areas that could harbor harmful bacteria or viruses. In doing so we are asking all individuals who enter our clinic to:
- To complete the Patient Coronavirus/COVID-19 Questionnaire per visit or to confirm ‘no changes’ since the completion of the Questionnaire.
- Upon entering the office patients temperatures are taken and they are immediately asked to wash their hands. Hand sanitizer is available throughout the facility for patients and staff.
- All patients and staff are to wear a mask at all times. If patients do not have a mask, we will provide them with one.
- Apply our hand-sanitizer when departing the clinic.
- Patients are encouraged to come alone unless they are minors or need a caregiver to accompany them to the appointment.
The fourth step we have taken was to allow for greater physical separation of patients in the reception area and gym by limiting the number of patients allowed in the facility at any given time. We have reduced the schedules of all the physical therapists and plan to do more treatment in the private rooms and use the gym only as needed.
The fifth step we have taken is to sanitize all equipment immediately after patient use.
The sixth step we have taken is to give our patients access to our services via telehealth,
The final step we have taken is to continually educate our workforce and our patient community regarding the COVID-19. We will consistently employ measures to minimize the spread of COVID-19 according to the CDC (and other credible authorities) recommendations and will keep you informed of any changes in protocols.